Top 5 Reasons to Keep your Pet Home
There are so many reasons why pets don’t belong in vehicles, but hot summer days are exceptionally dangerous!
1. Parked cars can quickly reach deadly temperatures, even on relatively mild days with the car parked in the shade and the windows slightly open.
2. Dogs have a limited ability to sweat; even a short time in a hot environment can be life-threatening. A dog's normal body temperature is about 39°C and a temperature of 41°C can be withstood only for a very short time before irreparable brain damage or even death can occur.
3. Five minutes is never just five minutes.
4. Strict laws are in place to punish offenders
5. Unless pets are secure in a crate or restraint device in the back seat, car rides can be dangerous for pets.
Take the pledge at nohotpets.ca and help spread the word about the importance of NOT leaving pets in vehicles.