Cone of Fame Contest – MARCH 2017
1. ENTRANT ELIGIBILITY: To become an entrant (the “Entrant(s)”) and be eligible to win the prize pack, a person must, at the time of entry into the Contest and at the time of awarding the prize (as applicable): (a) be an individual legal resident of Canada; (b) be located in Ontario; (c) be of the age of majority in his/her province or territory of residence; and (d) not be an employee of the Ontario SPCA.
2. CONTEST PERIODS: The Contest commences at 8:00:01 AM (ET) on March 6, 2017 and will end at 11:59:59 PM (ET) on March 24, 2017, (the "Contest Period"). All Submissions must be received during the Contest Period by no later than 11:59:59 PM (ET) on March 24, 2017 (the "Contest Closing Date").
3. HOW TO BECOME AN ENTRANT: To become an Entrant, you must ensure that you: (i) Submit a photo into the contest gallery or by posting using #ConeOfFame; and (ii) fill in the requested personal information.
4. LIMIT OF NUMBER OF ENTRIES: There is a limit of one (1) Entry per person/email address per week, during the Contest Period.
Entrants may use only one (1) e-mail address to enter and any Entries generated by script, macro, robotic, programmed, or any other automated means or by any other means which in the opinion of the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion subvert the entry process are void. In the event of a dispute as to who submitted an Entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the Entrant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Submissions generated by script, macro, robotic, programmed, or any other automated means are prohibited and will be disqualified. The Releasees (defined below) will not be responsible for late, lost, illegible, falsified, damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete Entries, all of which will be void.
All Submissions (and each component thereof) must be in “good taste” and must not be offensive, as determined in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. For greater certainty, only the potential Entrants who submitted a Submission (as outlined above) will be eligible to win the prize pack.
5. SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS: Upon submission, each Entrant: (i) grants to the Sponsor, in perpetuity, a non-exclusive license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use his/her Submission, in whole or in part, for advertising or promoting the Contest or for any other reason; (ii) waives all moral rights in and to his/her Submission in favour of the Sponsor; and (iii) agrees to release and hold harmless the Contest Parties and each of their respective agents, employees, directors, successors, and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from and against any and all claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trade-mark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action. For greater certainty, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion at any time during the Contest, to modify, edit or remove any Submission, or to request an entrant to modify or edit his/her Submission, if a complaint is received with respect to the Submission, or for any other reason.
By participating in the Contest, each Entrant agrees to be bound by these Rules and by the interpretation of these Rules by the Sponsor, and further warrants and represents that his/her Submission:
i. is original to him/her and that the entrant has all necessary rights (including, without limitation, consent of the photographer and the other people in the Photo) in and to the Submission (and all components thereof) to enter the Contest;
ii. does not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation;
iii. does not contain any reference to or likeness of any identifiable third parties;
iv. will not give rise to any claims of infringement, invasion of privacy or publicity, or infringe on any rights and/or interests of any third party, or give rise to any claims for payment whatsoever; and
v. is not defamatory, trade libelous, pornographic or obscene, and further that it will not contain, depict, include, discuss or involve, without limitation, any of the following: nudity; alcohol/drug consumption or smoking; explicit or graphic sexual activity, or sexual innuendo; crude, vulgar or offensive language and/or symbols; derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious groups; content that endorses, condones and/or discusses any illegal, inappropriate or risky behaviour or conduct; personal information of individuals, including, without limitation, names, telephone numbers and addresses (physical or electronic); commercial messages, comparisons or solicitations for products or services other than products of Sponsor; any identifiable third party products, trade-marks, brands and/or logos, other than those of Sponsor (e.g. any clothing worn and/or products appearing in your Photo must not contain any visible logos, trade-marks or other third party materials (note: all identifiable third party products, trade marks, brands and/or logos must be blurred out); conduct or other activities in violation of these Official Rules; and/or any other content that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, all as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion.
6. SUITABILITY FOR PUBLICATION: The Sponsor reserves the right to reject any Submission if in the sole opinion of the Sponsor acting in its absolute discretion, the Submission (or a component thereof) would be inappropriate, dangerous or would violate or offend any law, regulation, order, governmental policy, public policy or third party’s rights or could potentially expose the Sponsor to lawsuits, (for example, by containing any commercial content that promotes any product or service other than those of the Sponsor), embarrassment, contempt, ridicule, or adverse publicity or otherwise reflect unfavourably on the Sponsor or any of their products or services. In any such case, the corresponding Entry will be disqualified and the Entrant is subject to disqualification.
7. THE PRIZE: There are three (3) prize packs available to be won. One prize will be awarded each week during the contest period. The Prize consists of an Ontario SPCA water bottle, water bowl, bandana, and pen, along with a pet toy and treat (dependent on if winner has a cat or dog), and a Paws & Give™ plush toy.
(i) The Prize must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable, assignable or convertible to cash and cannot be sold; (ii) Sponsor reserves the right at any time to: (a) place reasonable restrictions on the availability or use of the Prize or any component thereof; and (b) substitute the Prize or a component thereof for any reason with a prize or a prize component of equal or greater value, (iii) by accepting the Prize, the winner agrees to waive all recourse against the Releasees (defined below) if the Prizes or a component thereof does not prove satisfactory, either in whole or in part.
8. SELECTING A WINNER: The winner of the prize pack will be randomly selected by the Sponsor.
In order to be declared the confirmed winner of the prize, the selected entrant will be required to respond to their notification with a mailing address within 10 days of being notified.
9. GENERAL: The Releasees do not assume any responsibility and are not responsible for: (i) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of any information; (ii) Submissions which fail to comply with these Rules; (iii) any loss, damage, or claims caused by the awarded Prize or the Contest itself; (iv) any failure of the Website or Application during the Contest Period, including any problems, human or technical error, printing errors, lost, delayed, garbled data or transmissions, omissions, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer lines, or technical malfunction of any computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail; or on-line entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer or other device related to or resulting from downloading any material in the Contest, all of which may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Contest; or (v) any other matter whatsoever. Submission that has been tampered with or altered are void.
10. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with: (i) the laws of the Province of Ontario and construed in accordance with the Federal, Provincial, and Municipal laws applicable therein in respect of residents of the other Canadian provinces and territories, without regard to conflicts of law principles. Any attempt by a participant or any other individual to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. THE PRIZE IS AWARDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER BY SPONSOR OR THE PRIZE PROVIDER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTY AS TO MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR INTENDED PURPOSE. All product warranty claims are the obligation of the manufacturer.
11. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, and without prior notice, to adjust any of the dates and/or timeframes stipulated in these Rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance by any Entrant, Entry or Submission with these Rules, or as a result of technical problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the Contest as contemplated in these Rules.
12. CONSENT TO USE PERSONAL INFORMATION: The Sponsor respects your right to privacy. To view the Sponsor’s privacy statement, visit http://www.ontariospca.ca/privacy-statement.html. By participating in this Contest, you expressly consent to the Sponsor, its agents and/or representatives, storing, sharing and using your personal information only for the purpose of administering the Contest and in accordance with Sponsor’s Privacy Statement, unless you otherwise agree.
13. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these English Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including, but not limited to: the Contest entry form, Website, Application, and/or point of sale, television, print or online advertising; the terms and conditions of these English Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
14. The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to the Sponsor and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for the administration of this Contest and in accordance with the Sponsor’s privacy statement (see above) unless you otherwise agree. Facebook is completely released of all liability by each entrant in this Contest. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed to the Sponsor and not Facebook.